View Single Post
      06-19-2019, 12:13 PM   #9
Wolfus Aurelius
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328i (gold/cream)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgosma View Post
One typically does not need to use clay very often if car is properly waxed and regularly kept clean by washing.

. . .
I'm glad to hear that, as my soggy hot climate sends tropical tree frogs hopping for the A/C controls. It's gotten to be that I can only do claying/polishing/waxing once or twice a year without risking heat stroke.

To Phizz, I've used Mother's Glaze for a few years. It's like a liquid wax in a bottle. The instructions say to apply a thin coat and work it into the paint a little bit before buffing it off. My bottle is nearly empty, though, so before I polish/glaze again I may purchase something else. Some members here think highly of the products Chemical Guys sells; some don't. Almost anything with the Meguiar's name on it is good stuff and can be found at local auto supply places like PepBoys and AutoZone.

What color is your 328? Mine is gold ("Orion Silver Metallic"), which doesn't show dust or fine scratches. Dark colors are another can of worms entirely, but gorgeous when they're clean.
Appreciate 0