View Single Post
      11-15-2020, 04:50 PM   #123
Btdubs1
Rep
Drives: 328i

Wow am I ever glad I found this thread!

So around a week ago I ordered a CIC MMI box for my 2012 f30 - after doing some more digging regarding the setup process I’ve come across a few people who run into the 6 pin CIC issue. I pulled off my screen and low and behold - 6 pins!

Luckily - AliExpress hasn’t shipped my order yet so I was able to cancel.

I’ve read through the whole thread but have a few questions here before moving forward with purchasing the road top unit

1. Can you guys confirm based on the attached photos that I’m dealing with the same situation as everyone else in this thread (6pin CIC/CIC_high)
2. If this is the case, is this the right box to be going with - with the mic tap and everything else needed included? https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOchrct
3. I’m regards to the mic tap process, can someone go into detail what that entails? If I want to use the OEM mic do I have to run up the A pillar to tap into it? Or is it just a connection I can do on the back of the head unit
4. With the box I sent , I’ve seen a few people say they need to run an aux cable and a few say it’s plug/play. Will I have to pull up my centre console trim and run an a cable from the box to the AUX in port? Or am I misunderstanding here

Thanks in advanced guys! So grateful this thread exists at all, nevermind it being so recent.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0