04-04-2017, 12:04 PM   #271
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm5150 View Post
So, I called the BMW Genius. Which side note, was really quick and easy to talk to a knowledgeable person. They confirmed that the options are not yet available as port installs. They felt like they would become available at sometime in the future once the new model year was in full swing. That makes a lot more sense than what the dealership told me. Genius guy said they were 'shooting from the hip' on their response as they simply don't have the details on the port parts for the LCI refresh.

The whole process of ordering the LCI right at the very beginning of production is a good lesson learned not to do that again. Unfortunately, it was a timing issue for me this time as my lease ends next month and needed to either order a 2018 or pick from a limited amount of 2017 which I couldn't quite find the configuration I liked.
You may be able to push this within either Genius or BMWNA, Considering there were no design changes that should influence those parts, with maybe the exception of the interior trim, my guess is this is really more about someone in New Jersey clicking "approve for 2018" in a system. And you might be able to push them. Especially with the car being on the boat AND the ordering system allowing for them on your original order.

The MPPSK is available as part of an actual legit "order guide package" in canada but is still port installed on those cars so i have to believe the issue is clerical not mechanical.

With your order being on the boat, might be worth leaving no stone unturned
Appreciate 1
jpm515058.00