View Single Post
      04-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #21
falar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-sport/2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkarn View Post
Don't be a mooch? Car salesmen have been getting over on buyers for years before the internet allowed for comparison shopping and transparency. A dealership can sell below invoice and still make money. It's about long term success and moving cars, not trying to squeeze unsuspecting customers.

A couple of local dealerships used deception to try to scare me away from doing deals out of state. Said there was no way the numbers were going to be possible in the end, and no local service departments will want to service my car once they found out I did deals elsewhere. That's an outright lie and I reported him to BMW of North America(prob won't do a damn thing, but at least I felt better)
That is a pretty stupid lie.

BMW AG foots the bill on all warranty work so any service department would be stupid to turn down guaranteed money.

One of my employees is a sort of friend, acquaintance really with the owner of my local BMW dealership. When I got my 335i through an out of town dealership because I got 4k more car for 100/mo less I knew for a fact he wasn't happy that an existing customer (we got my wife's X3 there) went out of town to get a car. That's what he gets for not playing ball though but hey, he is used to being the only game in town.

However, I took my car in to the service department almost right away (strange white flakes coming from the AC) and they treated me great even though they knew from the license plate frame that my shiny new BMW did not come from their lot. Strangely, the SA knew before going behind my car and seeing the frame though. He looked at my car kind of funny before saying he really liked how it looked and then his next question was "where did you get this?" so maybe they never stock or order anything with M-Performance accessories.
2014 335i M-Sport Mineral Grey / Sport Auto / Black Dakota / Aluminum Hex / Prem,Tech,DA packages / DHP / M-Sport Brakes / MPPK / MPE / Black Kidney Grilles, SS Pedals, M-Performance CF spoiler / Cameras, heated seats, etc etc

2013 X3 35i...wife's car
Appreciate 0