05-15-2019, 10:52 AM   #64
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moupe View Post
I have the adaptive M suspension. I am all ears regarding recommendations. I will say that my F31 will not see the track nor will it be pushed hard around the bends. I'm just looking to lower it down a reasonable amount and hoping ride quality won't be diminished. Your ride height looks just about spot on for me.
You're pretty well set up then with the Adaptive M Suspension. The Adaptive M suspension actually comes with stiffer springs than the base suspension. If you go with the kit Eibach recommends (E10-20-031-15-22) the front spring is only about 5% stiffer, and the rear spring is actually ever so slightly softer than the OE spring.

One thing I'm in the middle of trying is seeing how F8x springs work with the F31. Both the front and rear springs look to be just the right stiffness to be "one level stiffer" than the Adaptive M springs without being too strong that they'll cause you to be under damped. Additionally the F8x ground clearance is 4.7" vs 5.7" for our cars, so it should give you a nice lowering. In fact, the front weight of an F8x is pretty close to the front weight of our 4cyl engine + xDrive components, so I expect the front to sit the same as an F8X. The rear will be lower, but I believe that can be fixed with shims like how Macht Schnell does it for the F80.

Another thing to consider is going with F8x bump stops over E39/E60 "Dinan" ones. The F8x ones are pretty cheap, already meant for a lower ride height, and can handle the weight of our cars (same PN is used from M2 to M4 vert, which is significantly heavier than the F31). I have a set of rear F8x bump stops coming to me soon to try.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.

Last edited by FaRKle!; 05-15-2019 at 10:58 AM..
Appreciate 1
triax37130.00