View Single Post
      12-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #63
kapkanimd
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Competition Gran Coupe

Since I could not do my retrofit, I decided to see if I could find the ICM to try and determine which pin I would need to get to connect to autoleveling sensors...

After a bunch of prodding, I found it! Here is a pic of it's location:

However, that is not the view you would see if you simply took the idrive controller trim piece off. The rear air duct runs above this and I had to remove the duct in order to see the module. To do so, you simply pull out the rear a/c trim piece (I did just the vents first and then the entire rear trim piece that the accessory socket is in comes off by just pulling out). Here is a shot of the module looking in from the rear where the vent use to be:

However, I stopped short of pulling the module and/or harness as I had not disconnected the battery and I didn't want to risk messing anything up. The harness looks like it is actually L-shaped which is weird.. I will likely just complete this part when I disconnect the battery to swap out the headlight wires... Oh well...

Also of interest: The part number for my ICM module is only showing up for European model F30s... strange..
Appreciate 0