04-18-2014, 11:13 AM   #41
kapkanimd
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Competition Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30EDR View Post
OK, good news. I finally found it. First, thanks to the uber kool excellent tool created by TokenMaster, the NcdCafdTool. This helped me understand and narrow down the parameters.

Here are the settings:

LWR_AHL_TYP = auto./dyn. LWR+AHL = 03
C_FLC_ENA = F030disable (LWR, Leveling sensor)
C_AFS_ENA = F030enable (Light Distribution)
C_BLC_ENA = F030enable (AHL)
C_CLC_ENA = F030enabl (Cornering light)

BLC and CLC are enabled by default, but double check just in case.

Result: No more warning. AHL works and moves with steering. light focus above 25mph, splits/tunnels/widens below. Left or right fog lights turn on when blinker is on or when wheel is steered. Fog lights turn on on reverse.

Damn, I'm a happy camper. Additional option I did: Corona lits up at 40% brightness when headlamps are on (default is 8%).
Awesome, thanks for the effort. I will add this to the DIY. Just a couple questions:

What do you mean by light distribution regarding the C_AFS_ENA? Was that not already enabled with the VO coding?

Also, just to confirm, you did not install the leveling sensors correct? I am now wondering if there is some coding that we are missing that can enable them to work. Could you PM me more information regarding the NcdCafdTool? I think I have it already, but not sure how to use it.

I am still not going to disable my error just because I still want to get the autoleveling to work properly, but this was certainly a step that will make this retrofit complete. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0