03-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #129
Thurman Murch
Lieutenant
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46M54325Ci View Post
I couldn't agree more on the feeling cheap. Last year I sat in an e39 for the first time in years and I was shocked at the quality of the materials used in that car. I had gotten so used to the current materials that I had forgotten what used to be. If you get a chance, I suggest to everyone, go sit in an e38, e39 or even e46 and then get into a current BMW. Material quality shock will set in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulUK View Post
Choosing a new car used to be a great experience...something to cherish with the brochure, gorgeous cutting edge choices that made you drool. Wheres the innovation gone? Where's the outstanding quality? Come on BMW, your customers (and dealers i suspect) are starting to become fed up of this. We want luxury sport AND modern.....all three.....not one of them...all wrapped up in the ultimate driving machine. Back to basics PLEASE.

+1 I had drove an E46 M3 again and fell in love all over again... it was exciting... And taking curves so fast I totally had the oh shit factor... and the previous M3s and M5s... And then you can smell the crayon smell... even the non Ms...

So everyone is well let's bank on the M2 bringing some of that back... weight and agility may be there... but materials not so much
Appreciate 0