View Single Post
      07-10-2019, 08:06 PM   #55
Pilonaut
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328iX

Hey guys,

I went to the dealer today for the noise. I received the car about 2 weeks ago (328iX 2015) and started noticing the waste gate rattle as described in the thread. The dealer's mechanic was looking at me like I was crazy. He drove the car nothing. They agreed to keep the car a couple of hours to let it cool and try again. It was there and louder when Id rev it slightly. He confirmed it's the waste gate and we went inside to see if it's covered by the warranty. But first he wanted to confirm if its normal behavior of the car and took me to see another customers car and same thing the rattle is there but much less. He said it's "A feature of the car" nothing to be fixed and not to worry. Once home I found various threads here and noticed the rod is pretty loose. I could tighten the nut but from what I understand the rattle will just come back later on OR might not get rid of it completely.

My question is If I let it get a bit worse and bring it back to the dealer is it going to be covered under the power train warranty (I have 2 more years on warranty) ? Would the problem come back after a while with new turbos ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0