Thread: My F31 story
View Single Post
      09-01-2019, 03:53 PM   #1
rudigrr
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Xdrive F31

My F31 story

Hi everyone, new to the forums here. Been a car guy for a long time, used to be a technician for MB up until a few years ago.

I bought a 2015 Orion Silver F31 with black dakota leather interior this July.
Had 36k miles, the HK sound system, cold weather package (I live in Alaska), and lighting package. Love the car! Unfortunately, after driving a bit over a thousand miles, the engine suddenly and abruptly seized on a trip down the Kenai Peninsula to Homer. The dealer didn't investigate any further after finding chunks of metal in the oil filter housing and oil pan. Luckily, everything was covered by the dealer. Been doing some research and found that some N20's have timing chain/oil pump issues. I guess I'll never know what plagued my first engine, but I'm glad I have a new one with warranty.

So far I've installed M sport pedals (replicas), a red start/stop button, blacked out sport grille, and have CF mirror caps and roof spoiler on order. I've been looking into upgrading the iDrive (no nav) with Eonon or whatever the brand is called.

This is my 3rd BMW and 6th car. My other car is a 2008 Saab 9-3. My first two BMW's were an e38 and e46.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1