View Single Post
      03-21-2015, 12:26 PM   #78
Echan330
Private
Rep
Drives: F30

Thought I'd add to this review. Because of reviews from this thread, I ended up having H&R Sport Springs and Bilstein B8s installed (car is still on stock 18s with Pirelli P7 run-flats). The reviews on this thread are pretty much dead on.

The suspension hasn't settle yet and does not look quite as low as photos people have posted here. Compared to stock (Canadian Sportline vehicle without sport suspension), the difference is night and day.
- The ride is now stiffly sprung and stiffly dampened.
- It has been raining the last 2 days and I have not had the chance to really throw the car around corners, but around corners (driving at regular speeds), the sensation of body roll seems to be eliminated and the car seems a lot more confidence inspiring in turns.
- The car feels as though it brakes better, perhaps due to the fact that there is also less forward and aft movement upon braking and acceleration.
- So far, rolling in traffic around 20-30 km/h, the ride seems bouncier, but is very smooth at speed.
- Over speed bumps, the vehicle settles itself quickly and is more comfortable than stock, perhaps attributed to better body control with the Bilsteins.
- The steering feel seems heftier than before and provides more road feel. (Still lighter than an e90, but feels more weighted than previous)
- As a comparison, it feels slightly stiffer than an e90 with sport suspension on stock run flats, but without the harshness over bumps and pot holes if it makes any sense.
- I have had KW V1s on my previous e90 xi and in comparison, the KWs seem to provide a smoother ride when compared to my freshly installed H&R Sport + Bilsteins.
- Will provide an update on the bounciness at low speeds in a week or so after the suspension settles.
- So far, I am quite satisfied with this set-up and to me, it feels as though the car should have come like this from the factory.
Appreciate 0