12-04-2018, 10:13 AM   #287
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by foveon View Post
Kind of late, but since no one else had it, I attempted this myself and matched as close to the helix match pc tool (3.x) reference curve as I could. Sounds pretty balanced. Otherwise, the f30 oem hifi tune provided here sounds half decent (I think the speaker locations and dimensions of the cabins should be close, minus the hatch but there are only 2 small speakers in the rear doors anyway). I used it as a base to do my own tuning of it.

This is for the F36 Grand Coupe with stock hifi 676 speakers and the bimmertech pp82 dsp amp. While mine is left-hand drive, I had the levels/timings match symmetrically to work with both LHD and RHD.

*Update* 9/4/17 Slightly adjusted center timing more and RTA'd/revised again; most likely the final revision and removing the "car centered tune" as this one has so much more hours for refinement after learning more. Also attaching the external sub file since devil84 requested it.

*Updated
1/16/18 I've been driving with the seat back further for smoother drives (my wife thought my driving was too jerky and aggressive before) so I've added some timing revision to as a new file
1/31/18 Removed the new file as the original still produces a more natural soundstage and better imaging. The original is my self-proclaimed universal stock speakers + bimmertech amp tune
Sorry for the dumb question, but a NEWB here. Bought the Bimmertech amp on black Friday sale. Installed as it came, thrilled at the changes, wanting a bit more. Mostly the volume is lacking comparatively to cars I have had in the past (E92 328i and E92M3). I am hoping I can install a tune with a bit more tweaking and higher gain to achieve more sound. That said, would this have any negative implications running in an f30? I cant imagine the dimensions are that far off for sound reverberations...?

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0