View Single Post
      01-14-2019, 10:19 PM   #282
maddog99
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 V8 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay View Post
God damn'it ... I wrote off this because of people claiming it was buggy and didn't really work out great.

Where did you buy yours? Did you install it yourself? Coding? I currently have the small screen and would like to buy this and the big screen - kind of one of the worst parts of my car
Im sorry you got that info DeeKay.
I bought it straight from Unichip. They have a chat rep (it shows one face/name but Im sure its like 5 people).

I had a pro install it cause he is my friend. But it was "easy". Its an inline install, no cutting of wires. NO CODING, though there are toggles on the back of the box that UNichip presets for you to fit your specific screen. The result is a carplay display that fills you entire screen. Really slick.

I did NOT change my screen & I love controlling it with the OEM idrive system. Had a 2 hour drive in the rain today & was super psyched. I wish SIRI would control more than just the apple apps but thats an apple thing.

If you get it, remember that you MUST turn down the Aux volume setting 2 notches to get near perfect audio. Otherwise the line feed is overdriven a bit.
Appreciate 3