Rep
Drives: 582whp/596wtq '13 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory S View Post
Keep us updated.
Will do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubok View Post
So I'm still a little confused as to how the Flashed DME and JB4 work together.

the boost target is being manipulated by the JB4 to get the DME to increase boost, and then the when the stock fueling starts to run out of capacity the JB4 starts to add fuel?

So does the JB4-PI just add the measured amount of fuel for the additional Air it delivers?

But the DME controls timing based on knock sensor and other inputs.

I guess I don't understand why the JB4 is even needed to control boost if the DME is flashed. Assuming no over the top fueling.

I understand you need a controller to control over the top fueling and would need boost control then to measure in the matching amount of air. I guess it would concern me that the two controllers would hunt somewhat.

Clearly I don't know much about all this. So forgive the noob questions.
So in my case, the flash tune just changed things like AFR, timing, +400 RPMs, fuel scaling, and eventually cold start delete. Its basically a BEF with some extras, making the jb4 more efficient at doing what it does.

I've heard of others, like ronanz who use the jb4 strictly as a boost controller and the flash tune does everything else.

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 DownPipe | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | BM3 w/AIC2-V|Tune CaryTheLabelGuy | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|
Appreciate 0