02-06-2017, 09:15 AM   #1399
Tyresian
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 230xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemark View Post
After reading all the positive reviews on here, I think I will order the MPPK for my '16 435 GC, but I was a bit shocked at my dealers price of $2341.42 parts and $280 labor to install. I am in Canada, so can other Canadians advise what they are getting their kits for? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoko View Post
I had the car in for service and the service advisor quoted me $1500 for parts and labor. I talked with them and was like that's not right. getbmwparts.com has it for just under 1k. Mine is a 2/2013 build. And there is no way that labor would be $500. After haggling for a bit I was like F these guys. I went home and looked online shopbmwusa.com and they had it listed for 1309 installed. I called the dealer back up and talked with the parts guy. He said yeah it should be 1309 +tax.

So I went forward with it. Got discount on Labor (They applied my bmwcca membership discount on labor vs parts) and I also deactivated my bmw assist ($300 voucher)
This reflects my experience. When I called and talked to a service advisor they told me a much higher price than shopbmwusa showed. I then called every other dealer in the state, they were all $500 or more cheaper. I called back to state this to the SA but they weren't available and I was put through to parts. The parts guy looked it up and said, yup it says $1600 installed so that's what it is and ordered it for me. So apparently the key is to just talk to parts if you are getting the run around. I don't know WHY the SA tries to add money on top, if they are getting commission for it or what. I was really frustrated with the whole experience.
Appreciate 0