11-12-2021, 02:08 AM   #87
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adilakif View Post
UPDATE 11/11/2021

I went to pick up the car for the second time today. I test drove it before returning the loaner car. 2 of the 4 noises are fixed. Loudest noise is still there (cricket like noise). They lied to me again about road testing the car and not hearing any noises. The noise is so loud that it is impossible not to hear as you can see in the video. Also last month the mechanic drove the car with me and confirmed the existence of all the noises.

My advisor left today before I arrived there, they will call me tomorrow. I am having a terrible time with this stealership but I don't know what to do at this point. I and insurance already spent $11k on an 8-year-old BMW.

BMW knew this car should have been totaled from the start. But they decided to milk it by fixing it partially and forcing insurance's hand. I don't recommend anybody going to Morristown BMW in NJ. I don’t know what I can do at this point.
I would say insurance took a bet that 1st $7k was enough, so don't worry(yet) insurance spending $11k up to this point.

Unfortunately BMW of Morristown is not CCRC(BMW of Springfield is CCRC). The service department of non-CCRC may not have enough experience to deal with collision repair, and may miss critical clues/hints of hidden issues(e.g. any twisted mount points?).

It is likely too late to switch shop at this point, so my thinking is to press dealer hard given $11k repair should still come with 2 years/unlimited warranty parts + labor.

Another point to note is that, a repair even from the CCRC/best shop is still a restoration hoping to match factory spec, but there is no guarantee of repeating work done by robots in the factory, and that is a fact of life.

And a shop estimator that does right thing for the car(e.g. total the car instead of milking customer/insurance) is a hero of the industry.

Best of luck!
Appreciate 0