View Single Post
      12-28-2018, 10:44 AM   #1
UK_JK
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 320d M-Sport

Coding to change from 'Base' to Hi-Fi or Alpine - pointers and confirmation please :)

Good evening everyone!

This is my first time post here, so a quick introduction (skip to the end if you want, haha). I got my F30 about 8 weeks ago, my first BMW, a 320d White M-Sport.

My previous car was a Golf with Dynaudio sound upgrade, and I found that neither the HiFi or Harman Kardon upgrades were as good as what I had got used to with the Golf, so I decided to go for the base audio with the intent on doing an upgrade ASAP. (it's subjective, I know many people do like the HiFi and HK, which i'm glad of!)

I have learnt so much valuable information on these forums, and so, I have taken photos of my install and I am going to write a post-install log of everything, but rather than repeat what has been said before, i'm going to focus more on hints, tips and gotcha's that I encountered to try add to the existing knowledge-base

4 weeks after getting the car, I installed Eton B100W mids and tweeters.
4 weeks after that (last couple of days) I have installed the Rainbow IL-S8F underseat speakers, and an Audison Prima AP4.9 bit DSP Amp - photos, and review coming, I promise!

Here is where I would massively appreciate some help: (TL;DR!)

I would like to so some coding to change to either the HiFi or Alpine setting. I believe that they have a flatter EQ output (no treble boost!) and also is consistent regardless of the volume setting (as the base one changes with volume to protect the speakers, I have read?)

I have a working copy of E-Sys, and thankfully there is a wealth of information on it, but despite this, I panicked a bit and cancelled as I didn't feel confident enough of the correct procedure to do this. I didn't want to ask what is already out there, but I hope you understand that 'bricking' a car is a massive worry, haha!

So, could someone kindly confirm the procedure that should be followed to change to either HiFi or Alpine settings? And which is the better choice? The following post is very helpful for HiFi, though a bit jumbled up:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=982910

Does that post seem correct, and doable?

Sorry for the long post, hope you don't mind, and again, my install post will be posted once i've finished it!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0