View Single Post
      04-13-2021, 02:27 AM   #6
negendahl
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2015, F31 320D

Yeah, i think ill go with the transmission oil change, and hope for the best.

Thank you for the rest of the input - belt and tensioner, is there a simple way to check their condition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnf30x View Post
That BMW claims the differential fluid is lifetime is correct...but I believe they should be changed out every 60k miles/100k km. I have absolutely nothing to back that up other than what I've picked up about this car in various places and what I know about differentials.

I would check out the spark plugs ('glow plugs') at that mileage if they've never been done. Also, I'd look at the accessory belt and belt tensioner to make sure everything looks okay there, too, and possibly go ahead and plan on replacing those soon as a little preventative maintenance. Assuming it wasn't recently replaced.

Transmission...that mileage is pushing into the gray area of change it or leave it alone, as mentioned above. Personally, I would go ahead and change it.

Also, don't see that they flushed and refilled the cooling system, but that would be worth a look at some point. Doesn't necessarily have to be immediately as long as everything is working ok.
Appreciate 0