08-29-2017, 11:30 AM   #98
440GCSTL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
I just got this app yesterday and began playing with it.... You need to go into "Expert Mode" to code this particular feature. But if you are not familiar with how to change the parameters available in Expert Mode, I would recommend you stay away from that as you can seriously mess up your car (but if you do, it is usually reversible - but not worth the headache IMO). If you go to the coding section of the forum you can learn more about how coding works and what the parameters mean in Expert Mode to code some of the options that the developer has not already put into the app.

Bimmercode will "automatically" code several of the common features/options that people want. These are the ones that are available on the app and many of these features require parameter changes to multiple modules/ECUs in the car. If an option is not available, like easy access, you will need to use Expert Mode to change the individual parameters to get that function working. I coded easy access on my car using E-sys and my laptop some time ago. What I like about this app so far is that Expert Mode appears to give you access to the same parameters as using a laptop. Except using the app on my phone is less cumbersome than using a laptop, but you still need to understand what the parameters mean before you change them.

If you are curious, this thread here provides additional info on the parameters that must be adjusted to get this feature to work, including how to take measurements so the seat moves back/forward to where you want - this is what I did to get it working in my car. I have not personally verified yet, but all of the parameters mentioned in that thread should be accessible in Expert Mode so in theory, you could use the Bimmercode app to get the easy entry feature working. But I still recommend you read up on the basics of coding before messing around in Expert Mode - it will make using the Expert Mode feature much easier (and safer).

I am sure that as time goes on, the developer will add more options to the app, such as easy access, so a user does not need to use Expert Mode to add this capability.
Thanks for the response. I have coded one thing already in expert mode but it was really basic and simple to follow along. I guess I was looking for the cliff notes version of just where to go in and what changes to make. I'll give that thread a read and see if I can get a better grasp of it.
Appreciate 0