View Single Post
      11-30-2020, 07:17 PM   #69
zibbit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M40i

Another day, another mod.

Today's activity, mounting a set of Amazon M-Perf style pedal covers to match the factory dead pedal. For safety sake, instead of just using the slip on method to attach the covers; I chose to attach them like the OEM pedal set instructions recommend by actually drilling and bolting them into position. The covers came with nuts cast into the rubber, so I had to remove those before mounting.

Then I went downtown to source six stainless M4x0.7x15 flat head machine screws and some nylon insert nuts.

For the brake pedal, I drilled all 3 holes using a #19 (4.22mm) drill bit so I had the proper sized clearance hole for M4 hardware. Then, slid the machine screw through, and attached using the nylon insert nuts.

For the throttle pedal, I drilled all 3 holes using a #30 (3.26mm) drill bit so I could tap the holes with a M4 thread. Reason I did this is because there's no real clearance available behind the pedal hinge, so using a nut was out of the cards.

Overall I think it turned out ok; especially for the price they were compared to BMW's part. At the end of the day, they are only pedal covers after all.

Appreciate 0