View Single Post
      06-05-2020, 01:34 PM   #400
Matthewricha
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i

Very interesting reading the experiences of someone who has gone through OEM, B6 and B4. I have experienced OEM adaptive (which maybe tauter than non Mlite cars? Certainly different PN's) and now have B4 Damptronic dampers. No experience of B6'. After all the reviews of harsh ride with B6, decided to go B4, but I can see how a B6 would yield a very sporty handling. For me I too wanted a compromise for comfort and the B4's for me address the shortfalls of the OEM shocks. It seems reviews of the B6 DT's are rather subjective as on a UK forum some have said they are more compliant and comfortable, but sporty and handle really well. Perhaps they are used to a fast road setup. I sometimes wonder if I should have spent a little extra and gone with the B16 damptronic kit for height adjustablility. I guess one can add MSS springs to get a similar effect with B4 DT, albeit without being matched springs.

I went to visit MSS in March and test drove their M140i. The springs where remarkably compliant considering how low the car was on passive OEM shocks.
Appreciate 0