View Single Post
      09-16-2020, 01:27 PM   #32
gippy
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 440i, pre-LCI, w/MPPSK

well unfortunately, i'm struggling to source the H&R kit i need anywhere in the UK or europe. Lots of places in US...i've asked a couple what they'd charge to ship. Not paying over the odds for shipping though, so the next best solution is the Eibach kit which has a slightly softer rear - probably just as well as i'm not planning to fit the LSD until next Spring.

I'm also going with the B14 Bilstein kit, seems like it'll be nice and stiff.....just how i like it - no real proof of that, people have commented on the forum saying they are comparable to the KW V1's but stiffer. Also they seem like good value for money, i can't find much detail about the Koni sport shocks - they don't seem as 'track focused', but i could be totally wrong there........without any data i don't really know other than peoples forum comments (not exactly scientific).

I've not been able to find specific details on the spring rates for these coilovers anywhere - have messaged Bilstein to comment on how much stiffer (if at all) the B14 coilover kit is vs the B12 shocks and springs kit.

Total spend including labour for the sway bars comes to 1522.50. Which is bang on budget.

I'll have to buy the camber plates in January as the final piece.

EDIT: i contacted H&R, turns out the part number for the sway bar kit is different for europe: 33895-2
same price as the Eibach, and easily available.
Not sure which sway kit to go with now.....? help?!

i've just ordered the bilstein B14's today...........fingers crossed it stops the pitching.

Last edited by gippy; 09-17-2020 at 04:39 AM..