Major
France
Rep
Drives: 2017 m550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by opvaulet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
Quite happy with the konis, they work really well for me.
I found nothing but good reviews here on bimmerpost so went ahead ordering them, which was a first for my shop as they usually push KW and a bit of Bilstein, but overall quite good, the only difficulty is adjusting the rear shocks requires to remove them completely
Thank you for your feedback. Can you share how much difference the adjustments can make, for example how soft is soft?

Thanks again!
It's not really like that; konis are rebound adjustable so compression is quick, and you can control how strong the rebound is with the adjustment;
To me it's not soft or hard, but more between bouncy (insufficient rebound control) and " crashy " (not enough rebound), and a good compromise in between i would call composed, sufficient initial rebound to absorb shock and revert, but not too much to keep in control and not bounce around.

You need to try different settings but the rear is a pain to change though as you need to dismount the damper.

The best settings would depend on your springs (stiffer springs will need stronger rebound control), and weight distribution; i would recommend to increase rebound damping at the rear from factory settings though, then adjust front; it seems to me rear rebound damping has a significantly greater impact than front, but then again that comment could very well be specific to my car.