09-17-2020, 04:16 PM   #2
SD Convert
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 430i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435i_Phil View Post
So I had my M Performance brake kit installed last Friday and there is a small defect in the finish in the one caliper. Is this worth getting replaced under warranty for parts?
Since you did the install yourself (i.e. not installed by the vendor), the absolute most you could get out of them would be a replacement caliper. Unfortunately, you're unlikely to get even that. The vendor (BMW or 3rd-party) will probably claim that it was damaged during installation.

If you have a picture of the caliper before installation, showing the defect, you'll be in a better position, but it's still going to take more than a little bit of your time to convince the vendor to take a yellow/gold caliper out of a new set and send it to you.

I can't see exactly where, or how large, that defect is, but I don't think you'll get a reasonable return on your efforts here unless the defect is huge and obvious from a distance. Even then, it will probably be a challenge to get a replacement.

Sorry, but I would advise that you just move on, unless you can get free legal assistance
Appreciate 0