View Single Post
      01-09-2021, 06:51 PM   #10
antzonthe1
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Not sure if you all will get a notification for this but your help was very much appreciated. In the end, so far, I’ve fixed the solution without any wrenching. Actually just used zip ties 🤣 didn’t get a picture but it’s as goofy as you think it looks. Took it on a test drive and the sound is GONE. The other thread showed the brake line off of the retainer and that’s exactly what I saw, I don’t have all the tools in the world and only had the rear end up, saw how much work it was going to be so I went with the quick fix. It is just plastic that was broken after all. Hopefully the zip ties don’t melt near the exhaust lol. Clipped them off to keep some distance. Used about 8 after doubling up on them so they wouldn’t snap. I have no idea how I would be able to get the bolt on the retainer itself so I went with this, maybe it would look a lot clearer if the whole car was fairly high off with the ground with thegas tank lowered, but that shit looked impossible (for me to do quickly ish) that damn driveshaft looks right up against it, you’d need a skinny or small ratchet with a (I don’t even know my tool terminology) tiny not deep at all 10mm socket I believe it was. The other forum is linked in a reply above with the steps. Jacked the car up and down twice (because i got the wrong zip ties the first time, need ~foot long ones ) and noticed a new sound lmfao hopefully just a Beamer thing
Appreciate 0