United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar View Post
My question was why go with Dinan over another much more moderately priced intake with a larger filter and open box, hence less intake restrictions than the Dinan. My AFe stage 2 intake has a larger filter and is an open box and cost less than half what the Dinan costs.
Warranty is a big one. Remember that bmw can hold aftermarket intakes against you if your engine decides to shit itself (lol like intakes can break engines)

All dealers I have spoken with specifically told me any aftermarket intakes will void my warranty, and they will charge me if I get a CEL. I'm not taking a chance since I have a 6 year warranty.
The dealers you've spoken to don't seem to be that reasonable, also most intakes are 5min or less install and removal since it's just one clamp bolt and then it's held in place with rubber grommets. But coming from someone who chose Dinan for the warranty and then wasn't covered I'll tell you. I'll never pay for a "warranty" again.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 2