View Single Post
      05-13-2016, 11:56 PM   #68
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
If you are doing what you are supposed to be doing with M105 and you are not using a dirty pad, then there should never be any micro-marring that you will be able to see on your color car. I explain all that in my videos, which I still say you need to watch again. Second, M105 was designed to be followed by M205. The only reason Meguiar's told you that is to make a sale. I use to call them about their products when I first decided to use their line until I started getting conflicting information. I slowly figured out that a lot of those guys on the phone were as clueless as I was. I then found a Meguiar's distributor in my city who had been using their products since the 50's and he was able to steer me in the right direction with information about all of their professional (Mirror Glaze) line.
Ahh man, your busting my balls...you know, I've gotten pretty good and several neighbors come over and I show them how I take out swirls. And then I even told a guy today, Junkman hooked me up on these towels and that was a game changer. I'm not an expert in the de-tailing world..not saying that..but I have pretty good experience around here. Your the master on this, so I'm trying to get the craft honed in.
I'm pretty anal about getting that pad cleaned but the lines indicate it is from the towel. You know the micro-marring is so slight that the neighbor couldn't see it until I got the sun on it just right and pointed it out...but I see it and if you ever came by I would feel pretty embarrassed.
I'm going to look into getting some M205...I'm down for he long haul on this.