Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Nice try, but incorrect.

I even verified with BMW Dealer today.
Which dealership did you confirm this with? I went round and round on this with the sales manager at Niello (in your locale) at the beginning of this year (my friend was buying an X5M CPO with ~4500mi from them) and it was exactly as Robotechnology stated.

Here's what the sales manager said in the last confirmation:
Quote:
As far as the warranty goes, I am not quite sure what you are asking.

I know we discussed this yesterday, but it seems you’re unclear or I am not explaining it correctly.

The warranty is 5 years (from original in service date, which is 7/24/17. So you’re covered until 7/24/2022 with no mileage limits).

And the things that are not covered under the warranty are on the list I sent you.

Hopefully this will clear up the confusion I may have caused.
Originally, I thought it was as you stated (where upon expiration of the original warranty by either mileage or date, the CPO warranty only kicks in for 1yr after that), but every time I presented my worksheet of warranty expiration to the sales manager he stated and wrote down that the CPO warranty expires 5yrs from the in service date, and goes into effect after the original 4/50k warranty expires. He was very consistent in this. So, if you hit 50k in your first year, and there are 3 years left till the "5 years after in service date" is reached, then the CPO warranty would cover you for those 3 years/unlimited miles.

I also reached out to my friend at BMW Fremont and after explaining my confusion to him he also verified what Niello said.
Appreciate 0