View Single Post
      08-24-2015, 03:25 PM   #19
Bavarianwagon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G31

I'd go with either the GT or the X4 if I were in your shoes.

Why the X4? Purely based on the fact that you said you wanted
"something new and refreshing". It's very different in-terms of design. Especially compared to the rest of the SAV line-up the BMW has on offer.
But it still has sufficient space and practicality for a family of your size.
Now, I've only driven an X4 powered by the 2 litre entry-level diesel (190 HP). Even so, it was still very enjoyable to drive.
Especially for a vehicle of it's size and proportions.
Granted it did have the m-sport package with its stiffer suspension. So that might've helped it in the corners.

Why the GT? Well it makes more sense as a family-hauler. It's got all the leg room you could ask for.
So even when your kids grow a bit older there won't be any issues regarding roominess.
Same goes for cargo space.
Also considering it's cheaper than the rest of the cars
you've specified you could spec it out quite well. In my humble opinion it also drives more like a "normal" car than most SUVs/SAVs can boast with.
It does have its tendencies to roll a bit more in the corners on the non-m-sport/adaptive suspension I have to admit.
It also looks quite sharp and aggressive with the m-sport package as well.
And finally it, like the X4, is a bit more "unusual" and different both in-terms of styling and utility. But in a good way!

Of course I'm automatically a bit more biased towards the GT since I own one myself. But hopefully I could atleast contribute with something of worth
Appreciate 0