12-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #35
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb79 View Post
Just because someone does or doesn't spec something or choose a certain engine or trim level, it should never be seen as a reflection on their status or opinion. We all have different priorities and opinions, I think some people on this forum forget that sometimes.
Definitely. I didn't spec the brakes not because I didn't have the money or because I don't see value in them; but because I actively chose not to get them as I've done the big brake thing with the 135i, and wanted a smoother drive this time, like Al said The change to the F30 for me is about comfort, the ride with the adaptive suspension, the quality and refinement, and the tech; while still having a powerful engine like I'm used to. The sporty drive will be nice when I'm in the mood, but unlike the suspension, throttle and steering, there isn't a 'sport' and 'comfort' setting for the brakes; and I'd prefer them to just have that edge taken off them for daily driving