lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdh89j9ijkL
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten View Post
Well if it's quieter, lighter, and far less complex, why not? If it's the better choice for $250k+ vehicles, it's probably "good enough" for a $50k - $70k roadster. Folding hard-tops are an answer to a question very few were asking. Most who want a BMW Coupe, don't want a collapsing one. Those who want a drop-top, want one that doesn't swallow the whole boot, isn't plagued with wind noise from all the additional seals, and the mechanics that add extremely precious weight that isn't necessary.

Now that the time of mourning for the death of Naruse-San has finally passed, partnerships are back on track, the BMW/Toyota venture can move forward.
I'll disagree with you. Hard-tops are the preferred option for me, so I'm waiting 12-18mths for when BMW do a 'Mazda' and release a hard-top version. Or I'll probably just go for the new MX-5.
LOL wut? I'm not sure I see the "disagree". Z5 and MX-5 are going to be in very different categories...especially price. Z5 Coupe (fixed roof not folding), will be along in 2018.
Appreciate 0