07-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #17
SomeRandomer123
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK
Great stuff, and lots to take in! Got mine last Friday and I went for a very similar spec... didn't take the Mobile application preparation (wish I had now!), the HK hifi upgrade, windscreen with grey shade band, or Reversing Assist camera. On the other hand I did go for Head-Up display + speed limit info, electric sports seats with memory & lumbar support, and sunroof.

Only done 80 miles so far so can't really say much (yet ) but initial impressions are much the same as yours. Only thing that I'm reserving judgement on are the adaptive headlights with high beam assist. On a dark country road they are perfect and spotted oncoming cars brilliantly. However I had to follow an MX-5 for a few miles and the lights were dancing around all over the place! Some of the time it's as if the lights formed a black box around the rear of the car in front and I thought "wow, that's clever!". But some times the full beam came on and eventually the car in front pulled over and indicated for me to pass - guess they thought I was flashing them (well the car might have been but I wasn't).

Anyway, thanks again for a great write up. As I learn more about the car (and sounds like things get better after 1200m) I'll be sure to come back and probably agree with you some more
Nice spec!
Hmm, I'm totally smitten with the Visibility Package, shame your high beam assist is struggling!

You'll have to post a review too when you get to know your car!

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)
Appreciate 0