06-16-2021, 10:14 PM   #8
auburnf30x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
not sure why this is a thing these days. My key goes in my pocket at the beginning of my day and doesn't come out till the end of the day. I never hit the buttons on it or need to look at it.
I suppose it’s the same reason any of us personalize these cars. I would assume the reason we’re all here is because we love our cars, and thus are driven to make it ideal in our own eyes. The directions we take to do so can vary significantly. Personally, I don’t understand the carbon fiber craze. Rewrapping real wood trim for fake carbon fiber makes no sense to me. But, it happens, and that’s okay, too. We’re all in pursuit of the same goal in our own different ways.

Also, bear in mind the OP may or may not have comfort access. If not, you would be forced to handle the fob daily. That may be worth the upgrade for some.

Past few cars I’ve owned, I do personalize the key fob. In my case, it’s just a protective cover. I rarely need to look at, or use it. No one sees the thing other than myself. However, it does protect these increasingly expensive components from damage and is a small contribution to the tapestry of additions that make the car my own.

Appreciate 0