03-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #164
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
I watched the full race weekend coverage on Sky, and the race coverage for BBC. Sky is okay, Crofty and Brundle make a pretty good team, but not as good as Brundle/Coulthard. Simon/Brundle/Hill make a up a pretty lacklucster presentation team, nowhere near as good as Jake/Eddie/DC. Brundle always has something interesting to say, but Simon is boring and Damon Hill looks like he's bored out of his mind and doesn't even wat to be there 90% of the time. Skypad is unnecessary, more of a "look what we can do!" segment. Ted Kravitz is always good to hear from, Natalie Pinkham is nothing to complain about. Also, we don't need to see that 20 second piece with Nigel Mansell every time they come back from commercial, and they stole "Just Drive" from the 2010 BBC end of season montage.

I watched the BBC highlights and enjoyed it much more than almost all of the Sky presentation. The post-race forum with Jake/Eddie/DC is always wonderful to watch, and their presentation value is much much better. They know how to put music to footage beautifully. I'm really looking forward to the 10 races they get to cover live. Sky isn't as bad as I thought it would be, it's still very watchable, but nothing will beat the golden years of BBC F1 from 2009-2011.