scoopy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopy View Post
i have a 320d and i have my ista where i can retrofit and update the "remap" of the ecu. i was told that you just need to change the intercooler and do the bmw "remap". just want to ask for those who got the MPPK are the stock intercoolers from the stock 320d has a huge difference in the MPPK intercoolers that the dealers are changing?

coz' looking at the part number in realoem it seems that the MPPK intercoolers are just the stock intercoolers of the 2.5 and 3.0d engines.
Are you saying you can remap the car yourself by uploading the MPPK map to the DME? I'm pretty sure you need a new DME as that is what BMW supplies when they fit the MPPK.

The stock intercooler will probably be fine for normal road use in cool climates, but if you drive it hard, or live somewhere hot, like you appear to, then it is advisable to fir the larger intercooler. And yes the 320d MPPK intercooler is the standard 330d intercooler, just as the 330d MPPK intercooler is the 335d standard intercooler.
Yes i think so i asked my mechanic who works ina dealership in UK he showed me whats available for my car this showed up in my ista+ / ista-p[IMG][/IMG]

I was just told that if i want i will just tick that box no need to change the ecu so i was thinking its just like a remap sort of (like the other tuning companies are doing it and not changing the intercooler)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0