Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopy View Post
Yes i think so i asked my mechanic who works ina dealership in UK he showed me whats available for my car this showed up in my ista+ / ista-p[IMG][/IMG]

I was just told that if i want i will just tick that box no need to change the ecu so i was thinking its just like a remap sort of (like the other tuning companies are doing it and not changing the intercooler)
That is pretty crazy if you can just flash the standard ecu with the MPPK map that people pay over £1k for! Report back if it works, i'm sure a lot of people will want to also do it!
Yes exactly, i wanted to try it without the intercooler coz my mechanic told me he hasnt tried that yet without the intercooler but i was just thinking eg race chip or blue something i saw it on their website that their tunes doesnt required changing the intercooler. Im not just sure what bad effects will it do to my car if i dont change the intercooler
It will be fine for normal driving, it's only very hard driving that will create too much heat soak in the system and reduce power.

As you say, many people get remaps and tuning boxes without changing the IC.
Appreciate 0