DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigade24 View Post
Happy to share my logic and measurements with you.

according to my measurements the rear will not be a problem at all. The fronts will need a spacer and a fender roll. If I have calculated correctly given my spring rates, the car may also need to be raised approximately 4mm assuming camber is at -2 deg. Since I increase camber before every competition to -2.9, rolling the front fenders will still be required due to the arc8s 25mm offset will certainly be a factor. The section width will also be a factor. Suffice it to say it will be close in the front...

For perspective, the distance between my shock/spring assembly and the inner fender is approximately 269mm. the tread width of the 265mm RE71r is 246.38 mm (9.7 inches, courtesy of tire rack).

As a measure of insurance lets say the 10 inches for the wheel width is measured from the inner beads. So you can add a half inch for good measure so say 10.5 inches which is 266.7mm. Note that the wheel lines up with the shock and not the spring providing more clearance.

There should be enough room. I will be happy to share pics once its done.

This is what happens when autox becomes an obsession.
A man after my own heart....
I am planning the same; I haven't run the numbers as thoroughly as you, but have also determined that they should JUST make it : ) I currently have a set of Apex ARC-8s in 18x9.5 with RE-71R tires in 265/35, and it does seem like I could squeeze another 1/2" in there.