Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4CP SO

Garage List
2014 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
There are also studies that show a ketogenic diet isnt healthy and can cause long term issues.

Not every diet works for every person. That is why the health professionals take years of schooling and training to learn about everything and make a recommendation based on lifestyle, health traits, body type, etc.

Its no different than Paleo Diet, Atkins Diet, Gluten Free etc. that are "fad" diets that work well for some and not for others. Crossfit is another great example. It has lots of benefits if done right, but can really fuck you up if not.

this is going to be like arguing politics with you, I can already tell you arent going to listen to anything that doesnt agree with your beliefs.
You're right about conflicting studies. You can pretty much find a study supporting whatever argument you want. It takes some effort weeding through this BS. The problem is that health professional are schooled based on exactly the same crooked science and their opinion isn't worth much. And if they knew what they are doing, we wouldn't have the obesity epidemic now.

Not all of those things are fads. Gluten free diet is a medical necessity for those with ceoliac disease. Ketosis is used to treat epilepsy and it was a natural state for most of our ancestors. Eating natural food isn't a fad.

I will not listen to "anything". I will listen to serious arguments that can be backed by evidence.
Appreciate 0