View Single Post
      07-17-2018, 07:06 PM   #5
bigraisinuts
Rep
Drives: 2019 Alpine White 440i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oonowindoo View Post
Ok so you have a 2019 and you got used runflats with wrong size? What i am missing here?

The noise you are hearing is probably from the runflat tires themselves. They are loud. There is a reason why everyone hates runflats.

Go get a nice set of summer tires in the correct size and the noise will go away and the car will feel MUCH MUCH better. The best mod you can do to your car is to ditch those runflats.
Perhaps I should have given the whole story. The car came with 18 inch OEM BMW rims with brand new run flat tires on them. I wanted to upgrade to bigger rims, since they would look nicer, and bought the used 19 inch OEM BMW rims I am using now that came with the exact same size tires of the 18 inch rims that were originally on the vehicle (225/45 front and 255/40 back). It was after this upgrade that I started hearing noise. I started to research what size tires the 440i with 19 inch rims calls for and saw that the correct sizes are 225/40 for the front and 255/35 for the back instead of the 225/45 front and 255/40 back that I am currently using (Yes, I should have done my research beforehand, I am new to this). Since the tires are still decent (although used) I didn't want to buy new tires just yet, I wanted to use them up before buying new ones (Yes, I know it sounds cheap). That's what lead me to asking my original question. Are run flat tires really that noisy?
Appreciate 0