alistairk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i MSport, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairk View Post
Paperwork is likely your whole argument. Best case outcome is likely dealer eating the cost of an extended warranty to get you to the promised date if it is indeed what you signed for.

BMW NA states "coverage begins on the date of first retail sale or the date the vehicle is first placed into service as a sales demonstrator, Aftersales Mobility Program (AMP) Vehicle or company vehicle, whichever is earlier." Given there were 50 miles on the clock and the earlier "in service" date, I'd venture the guess that they followed that language to a tee.
MSO is not previously titled. They gave him the MSO paperwork. Im not sure why the dealership didn't fulfill the Oregon side of the paperwork, unless you're a dealer.
Definitely not a dealer, but my point was that the warranty start date from BMW NA likely has nothing to do with titling in this instance.

Even if the car was improperly run untitled as a demo car, my guess is that would be a fine with the AZ DMV (and likely to the dealer, not BMW NA), and wouldn't affect the start date of the warranty period.
Appreciate 0