View Single Post
      12-31-2020, 12:35 PM   #139
Mike.F31.MSport
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '15 328i (M) Wagon, '91 318is

Garage List
I have a Virginia State Safety Inspection coming up so last weekend I figured I'd look everything over. Well, the rear brake pads were pretty low. The car says I still have 60,000 miles of life left. Yeah, right. The front pads still have plenty of meat on them, so I ordered a set of rear Akebono pads from FCP Euro.

The M Sport brakes make pad changes super fast and easy. The only tools you need are a hammer, punch, and flat head screw driver. I jacked the car up from the rear diff and put it on stands. I used some home-made wood blocks as to not destroy on factory jack points. Scrap wood for the win.

20201231_111150 by mike.bevels, on Flickr

DSC_0706 by mike.bevels, on Flickr

Wheels off once the car is properly supported.

DSC_0705 by mike.bevels, on Flickr

I had some help today.

DSC_0708 by mike.bevels, on Flickr

60,000 miles left. Why would I replace these now? :-)

DSC_0710 by mike.bevels, on Flickr

Once the pins come out, the new pads simply slide into place (and then replace the retaining clip and pins).

DSC_0712 by mike.bevels, on Flickr

The rear rotors are still within spec so I didn't replace those. I did wire brush the corrosion off the wheel hub and apply more anti-seize where the wheel makes contact on the lib/hub area (no pictured).

Everything felt great after a quick test drive and pad bedding.

Other than that, I've been enjoying being a writer and co-editor for my BMW CCA's chapter magazine, der Bayerische. I've completed few small projects on the E30, but I won't bore the F30 forum with those details.

Happy New Year everyone. Until next time.

Last edited by Mike.F31.MSport; 01-01-2021 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 1