View Single Post
      05-02-2016, 07:43 PM   #14
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirsch78 View Post
First time BMW owner. I picked mine up just under 2 weeks ago and then went out of town for a week, so my drive time has been limited. But, I did take a road trip this past weekend and racked up 500 miles. Have to say I'm loving it so far. In case anyone is interested, my build is:

340i xdrive
Mineral Grey Metallic / Black Dakota Leather with Dark Oyster / Ash Grain Wood Trim with Metal Inlay and PearlGloss Chrome
19 inch 442M Orbit Grey wheels
8 speed auto transmission
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assist & Driver Assist+ Packages
M Sport Package with Adaptive M Suspension
Track Handling Package

Positives:
Pretty much everything so far. Love the look, and the car is so much fun to drive. I've limited myself to Comfort and Sport so far while I break in the engine (I don't plan to use Eco Pro really).

Negatives:
Aside from not being able to figure out a few things (the genius wasn't there when I picked up my car, so I haven't had a chance to ask everything yet) there isn't a whole lot of negative. One thing I'd like to customize is having the sport mode gearing and throttle response combined with comfort mode suspension. Definitely don't want that all the time, but my wife complains about the less smooth ride in sport mode, so. Haven't figured out how to do this yet but I think it's possible... right?
Go to I-drive settings, configure sport mode, set it to drive train only.... Done! it will take you all of 15 seconds.
Appreciate 0