J Tiberius
Captain
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Imperial Blue Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propagator
Quote:

You are correct on this, at least in my experience. I traded out the runflats for max performance summer tires and the steering experience, even in comfort mode, is greatly enhanced. It's as close to e90 steering in sport+ as I could have expected from a first-year EPS system. The capability is definitely there in the F30, but it is very much dependent on the tires.
That's interesting. My understanding is that the biggest difference between old and new steering is that the new EPS is lacking in road fill. This would normally be further suppressed by tires with softer side wall.
The sidewall is harder in my non runflats than the OEM Goodyears. It was like driving on sponge cake. This generation rft's can't really be compared to the past, and performance tires are very, very firm if you buy the right ones. In my experience the results speak for themselves - much more pronounced steering feel even with eps.