View Single Post
      02-09-2022, 10:15 AM   #4124
Pondaire
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
Is this unit installed in your 2013 328i? If so that's F30 right? All F series cars have permanent 12V at the quadlock, OEM headunits never power down just enter deep sleep. So that means your Android already has permanent 12V and all it's waiting for is CAN packet says "wake the f*** up Samurai, we have a city to burn." Regardless of what Android unit you have, they're all driven by CAN commands so not much you can do to speed things up.

P.S.
I didn't forget about you. I will try to implement BroadcastReciver to make my keyboard work with your unit, I've been just super busy lately.
Hey Red! I tried to PM you but it didn't go through for some reason (full inbox or blocked?).
No worries and no rush. I appreciate all you do for the community!
I really want to mod my system apk but cannot figure out how to use Dexpatcher on Androis 8.1 and Xposed is the only way I know how to. Problem is Xposed delays boot by a bit...
It's interesting what you state about the wake up functions. I wasn't aware it was based on CAN! (Samurai lmao).
It's so interesting, because if I unlock the car and turn it on within 5-ish seconds, it boots up right away to the home screen (1-2 seconds delay?). If I take longer to turn on the car, it usually does a cold boot and it takes 20-ish seconds.
Appreciate 0