Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady154 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EstorilMSport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady154 View Post
I've been tracking my car and realized I'm getting fuel starvation at higher boost levels, so I thought it might be the LPFP or fuel filter. So I bought a new LPFP, but I'm still having the issue. I'm curious what, if any, fuel pump upgrades y'all have done. I'm not sure if I need to upgrade the LPFP or the HPFP. I'd love to upgrade both, but they are very expensive.
What tune/fuel are you running? I run bootmod3 stage 2 ots 93 when I track the car and no issues at all. When I drag race I have a custom E30 tune and have run into issues where my hpfp would crash (felt like a misfire) if I didn't get the ethanol mix right (too much E85). I can't get E85 near Sebring (where I track my car) so I just run the 93 tune and honestly it's plenty of power for my skill level and have plenty of fun.

The guys that run big boost, speed tech or PS2 turbos with full E85 on N55's usually have upgraded LPFP (Bmp4 module needed to run them), upgraded hpfp to XDI or port injection which requires a separate controller (aic split second or JB4). You are in it for thousands at this point which is why I haven't pulled the trigger on anything myself.
I'm running JB4 on map5 (absolute target 11-17 psi based on conditions) with 93 pump fuel.
I'd consider running a flash tune (mhd or bootmod3). Lots of threads about pros/cons of piggyback vs. flash in the N55 Turbo Mod section of the forum https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ght=JB4+vs+BM3
2014 335i M Sport: bootmod3 Stg 2 E30 Custom, AA CP, CSF FMIC, GFB DV , VRSF catless DP, aFe stage 2 intake, KW Clubsport coilovers, MP LSD, aFe sway bars, F80 LCAs, monoball thrust arms, Delrin rear subframe bushings, xHP Stage 3.
IG: German_car_connection
Appreciate 2