DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EstorilMSport View Post
I'm looking into options for a harness and there are none that do not require a harness bar or half cage which lose the backseat and I still daily my F30 so not a good option. Schroth makes one for the E90 and supposedly have one under development for the F30. I sent them an email am waiting to hear back...
Yup, a harness is a must to keep you planted and more relaxed at the wheel. Even after running race seats and harnesses for a while now, I still sometimes catch myself planting my left foot hard on the dead pedal to brace myself unnecessarily...tough habit for me to break, it seems!

I'm planning to install a rear half cage (I don't use my rear seats anymore), so I'll be passing along my Brey-Krause bolt-in harness bar to someone... : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady154 View Post
Studio RSR supposedly makes a bolt in roll bar that might work. Requires some modification to the seat bolsters, but I believe the back seat is still usable. I don't see the F30 listed on their page now, but I was told they make one to fit it.
https://studiorsr.com/pages/bmw-tuning
Not sure why people bother leaving the rear seats in when installing a half cage...I guess just for aesthetics, as the rear seats are completely unfit for human occupants with a cage back there. For someone who wants to retain relatively easy use of the rear seats, better to go with a harness bar, which bolts in and out fairly quickly.