Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f30 328i 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacklinUSOB View Post
It could have subjectively better handling characteristics at lower speeds, particularly turn in. Beyond that the stiff side walls are a real detriment to maximum slip angle and control of it while at or near their ultimate lateral grip, which itself is much lower than a conventional summer go-flat.

To get that back that stiffer handling, match the suspension to the new tire, just like BMW did by building a soft suspension around the RFT. Understandably not a simple job, but this is the track and AutoX board after all.
I think you are talking very small differences. I am really talking tire matched to suspension tuning. I chose the PS4S for its traction formula but it has threw off the feel and made it too soft and now am looking for new springs next year.
Not small differences at all, the car on RFTs could not hold up to a half day of AutoX, let alone a day of HPDE. The increase of slip angle by even a 10th of a degree has a large impact on cornering.
328i RWD | MW on CRed Slick Top | 6MT | BM3 | MPE | GPlus FMIC | CSF Radiator | Millway Street Camber Plates & Monoballs | KW V2 6k/18k Swift Springs | F80 LCA/TS | SPL Bump Steer Kit | APEX SM-10 | R-S4 | DS2500 | RBF600 | SS Lines |
Past: E36 328is & E38 740i
Appreciate 0