bmwaddictt
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4 6 Spd, X6 G06 30d, G22 420i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebattag View Post
Hey guys I just ordered my VRSF Catless Downpipe and I have a few questions I was hoping y'all could answer..
1. I heard some people highly recommend buying new V-Band clamps and gaskets. Some people say buy all new clamps and gaskets, while I've also heard you only need to buy the lower V-Band clamp (DP to Midpipe). My car has almost 60k miles and I live in the northeast so I wouldn't be surprised if the clamps were rusted. Do you guys think I should buy all new clamps/gaskets, or can I get away just buying the lower one (or none at all)? can someone please provide a link to purchase these for the N20, as I'm having trouble finding them?
2. does bootmod3 stage 1 clear the CEL automatically? I currently have bootmod3 stage 1 93 octane flashed on my car. I remember reading somewhere that only stage 2 clears the CEL. Is this true or will it clear the codes with stage 1?
3. Do I need an 02 sensor socket for the install or can the sensors be removed by hand?

Thanks guys
2. You can clear the CEL for your catless dp on stage 1. I'm currently running stage 1 93 oct with a VRSF catless dp too. Can successfully clear it!

#savethemanuals
Appreciate 0