Tommi_Mav
Private First Class
Greece
Rep
Drives: F32 435dx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFrog View Post
From a practical standpoint though (and I fully understand it is beside the point), banning DS2500 for road use is a nonsense since even their cold bite is better than OEM, not to mention the bite at nominal operating temperature.

Edit: reading more closely, I didn't know about the DS2500 not complying with R90. Wonder on which criteria it wouldn't comply, maybe it's just a matter of cost-effectiveness (obtaining a certification is generally very costly). Any insight on that appreciated!
As I said, there are still owners who don't care about the lack of DS2500's certification for road use and continue to use them for street use. For example, here in Greece, nobody is going to check the certification of your pads, so I know a lot of petrolheads who use them. In other countries though, e.g. Germany, it's a different thing.

I don't think cost is the reason for DS2500 not gaining the R90 certification. Ferodo is a very well known brake manufacturer and I guess lack of funds is not the reason. The most probable cause is that the pads cannot meet the criteria to pass cerification for road use, plain and simple.
Appreciate 0