View Single Post
      03-19-2018, 07:30 AM   #68
skunis
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 320i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
Come on man...just because you didn't get the deal you wanted doesn't mean they're "crap". They provide a decent alternative to ESYS for those who don't want to code directly themselves...

You do have another alternative with BimmerCode if you want "options"...

I have both and am satisfied with each...just my .02

I am usually a reasonable person but their business plan is not good for the consumer. Do not advertise it as such. I was ok with the add ons as a one time charge. I would even be ok with a flat fee of say $80-100 for lifetime updates and access (keep the subscription fee as well). The fact is a good company would make exceptions to keep customers happy. They didn't even offer an alternative.

I am sure you or anyone would be pissed off if you missed something by a day and the company could have given you a heads up before you missed the opportunity.

I have looked into bimmercode. It seems more reasonable but I have read people having issues with the OBD device that he suggests.

I am still waiting to hear back from the Carly again to see if they can help out. Other bad part is they have no phone number to call it is only via email. This could be solved quickly via a phone call.
Appreciate 0